Thursday 30 April 2020

The sandwich you will NEVER eat.


Steps walked: 8457.
Furthest point travelled to: 1 mile – North Mid Chapel.
Face to face non-household interactions: 1.
Track of the day: Can’t think of anything tonight.

            This probably belongs with my recent reflections on uselessness, but… yesterday I was looking forward to a tuna-mayo sandwich for lunch. Tuna tin opened and the brine draining away, I discovered to my horror that our fridge was entirely mayonnaise free. What I did spot, however, was a jar of pesto. It’s difficult to unpack my full chain of thought, so let's just jump to the conclusion – I’ve discovered that there’s a reason why you’ve never seen a tuna-pesto sandwich on the menu at your local café.

            …and if you can think of a ‘Thought for the Day’-esque conclusion to my tuna turmoil, then please do post it in the comments. I’m off to give the church bell a good old eight-o-clock-on-a-Thursday-night-thank-you-NHS-ring, and then a beer.

2 comments:

  1. Ew! That would look gross, smell horrendous and I can't even bring myself to imagine how it would taste like. You're brave if you attempted to eat that combination 🤢

    ReplyDelete

The stories are endless.

Leg Five - Selkirk to Melrose. Distance: 11.6 miles (69.6 total) Time: 4 hrs 58 mins. Wildlife: Rabbit, heron, jumping deer, not jumping fro...