Wednesday 6 May 2020

We all came out of darkness.



Steps walked: 9,070.
Furthest point travelled to: 0.5 miles – jogging in the park.
Face to face non-household interactions: 0.
Track of the day: ‘Ah, my dear, ah, my dear Son!’ – Eton Choirbook.

        Today has been one of those days where my mind has been restless with where I should have been, if only… My day was to have begun with a six mile walk to Fionnphort and then the ferry to Iona. I checked the weather; its been sunny there all day too.

He was already awake when I went to tell him it was time for breakfast. He held up his left hand.
“I held this all night and so I wasn’t scared.”
He was holding a Rosary that I’d bought him last year from Douai Abbey. He was looking at it carefully, thoughtfully.
“The cross is gold because that’s the most holy part.”
There was something on his mind. His fingers moved back and forth restlessly over the ebony beads.
“All the rest is dark though.”
There was a puzzle he was trying to resolve.
“But that’s alright because we all came out of darkness at the beginning.”

              Really, I should just get him to write these posts each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The stories are endless.

Leg Five - Selkirk to Melrose. Distance: 11.6 miles (69.6 total) Time: 4 hrs 58 mins. Wildlife: Rabbit, heron, jumping deer, not jumping fro...