Sunday 10 May 2020

Saturday's (Belated) Post - On Being Attacked by Venomous Creatures.



Steps walked: 10,763.
Furthest point travelled to: 1 mile – North Middlesex Hospital.
Face to face non-household interactions: 1.
Track of the day: Birdsong in the garden.

              My mind has been wandering to the Sabbatical that wasn’t, more than usual over the past day or two; which in some ways feels odd, because this was when the walk was ending, and Susie and I were going to have few days together on Mull before returning to London together. This morning I found myself reflecting on the fact that if I’d spent the past few weeks walking, I could have given you a clear and full description of any day you cared to ask me about: after however many weeks its been of ‘lockdown’, I’d struggle to tell you anything very much about any given day of the past week.
              That said, this morning will remain clearly etched in my memory. On an early jog through the local park, I somehow managed to stumble across a small convention of wasps, who didn’t take kindly to my interruption. For about a hundred yards the people of Edmonton could see their parish priest accelerating rapidly, flailing his limbs about, hitting himself with his own woolly hat, and finally stripping off his t-shirt to rid himself of the last remaining assailants. The day could surely only get better.
              And it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The stories are endless.

Leg Five - Selkirk to Melrose. Distance: 11.6 miles (69.6 total) Time: 4 hrs 58 mins. Wildlife: Rabbit, heron, jumping deer, not jumping fro...