Monday 11 January 2010

Clunking Lumps.


January 11th - internet cafe, Perranporth:

Apologies to those of you who have been checking this blog on an hourly basis, eagerly expecting words of wisdom. My hope had been that I’d be able to post on this site every couple of days, but unfortunately it turns out that my laptop is unwilling to connect to the internet. As a result, I’m afraid these posts are going to come out in clunking great lumps, rather like my sentences.
On the bright side, it did take two visits to the Driftwood Spars, and several pints of their own brew, to establish that my efforts were futile.

PS How do you load CD software on to one of those little netbooks with no CD drive? If we can figure that out, then maybe I need to pop down to Comet when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. Free Wi-Fi in pubs is a great idea. Unfortunately, it seems that over here, free Wifi is assumed to be the domain of caffeinated beverage shops only. Doesn't seem fair. I mean, what possible harm could come from the combination of Anglican Priest + sabbatical + alcohol + access to internet?

    RE: The CD thingy. If it's something small like a driver or an application that supports electronics (like a GPS), then the chances are that the manufacturer has the software available for download on their website. If not, then you'll have to copy the contents of the CD to a USB drive and install from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stuart,
    Apparently, the Perranporth Inn on St Pirans Road has wifi! (At least, so says the BT Openzone website).

    Also, when you are briefly back in Edmonton, you can borrow my external CD drive. Load whatever you need onto your notebook before you're off again :)

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

The stories are endless.

Leg Five - Selkirk to Melrose. Distance: 11.6 miles (69.6 total) Time: 4 hrs 58 mins. Wildlife: Rabbit, heron, jumping deer, not jumping fro...