Saturday 30 January 2010

Blue Sky Thinking.

This time next week (and that's a phrase I've been struggling to avoid since Thursday) I'll be on the third leg of my pilgrimage, heading south from Oban to Arduaine. Everything seems to be set fair, except for one or two tiny thin clouds out there on the horizon...
We still don't have accommodation sorted out for five nights of the pilgrimage.
Teletext tells me this morning that there is likely to be heavy snow in Glasgow on Tuesday, the day I'm due to arrive there.
Most alarming of all, I don't think I've got a hope of finding a pub on Iona which will be showing Tottenham's FA Cup replay against Leeds on Wednesday night. On the other hand, that might not be such a bad thing if I want to start my journey in a state of spiritual serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The stories are endless.

Leg Five - Selkirk to Melrose. Distance: 11.6 miles (69.6 total) Time: 4 hrs 58 mins. Wildlife: Rabbit, heron, jumping deer, not jumping fro...